Audio & Video Products
Recordings of the 2017 Christian D. Searcy Voir Dire Institute are available for purchase using the buttons below:
The Voir Dire Institute is an in-depth, interactive, how-to approach to voir dire, giving attendees the opportunity to not only see and learn about various voir dire strategies, but to actually conduct voir dire as part of the program. Invited faculty have collectively tried hundreds of cases to verdict and have extensive experience conducting voir dire in virtually every type of civil and criminal case, and they will share their insight gained from years of practice.
Attendees will learn the law of voir dire, the art and science of communicating with juries, tips and techniques for conducting effective voir dire, rooting out juror bias, and much more. You will be able to practice what you learn by conducting voir dire in breakout sessions, in which you will receive constructive feedback from the faculty members, making this a unique and dynamic seminar that will greatly enhance your trial skills.
- 27 Hours of General CLE
- 1 Hour of Ethics Credit
- 27 Hours of Civil Trial Certification
Amy Singer, Ph.D., Trial Consultants, Inc.
Harvey Moore, Ph.D., Harvey Moore & Associates
Dana Brooks Cooper
Outline of Program
Wednesday, August 2: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm; Thursday, August 3: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; Friday, August 4: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Voir Dire Principles – Knowing, Understanding and Appreciating the Real Purpose and Function of Attorney Voir Dire – 12 Principles
- Preparing for and Approaching the Initial Ten Minutes of Voir Dire in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases – What to Do and What to Say (and Most Especially – What You Need to Avoid Doing and Saying)
- The Law and Procedure of Voir Dire in State Court in Florida (Including Knowing the Specific Steps Required by Your Particular Judge – Avoiding Traps and Pitfalls
- The Methodology and Strategy of Responding to Difficult and Sometimes Accusatory Statements or Comments by Jurors – What Do You Do and Say? – How to Respond – Steps and Actions You Need to Take
- Voir Dire – Liability Issues (Focusing on What Plaintiff Must Prove in His/Her Liability Case)
- Workshop – Plaintiff Liability Issues (Where Burden Is on Plaintiff to Prove Certain Items of Liability – i.e., “Notice” in a Premises Liability Case, “Defect” in a Product Liability Case, etc.)
- Handling Voir Dire on Issues Relating to Comparative Fault
- Handling Voir Dire on Issues Related to Specific Defenses (Other Than Comparative Fault)
- Workshop on Voir Dire Relating to Comparative Fault and Defenses Raised by Defendant
- Voir Dire Methodology and Strategy to Seek and Identify Harmful, Problematic, and Case Destruction-Oriented Jurors Based on Philosophy of Life, etc.
- How to Develop Challenges for Cause and Successfully Meet the Legal Standard
- Workshop on “Philosophy” and Developing Challenges for Cause
- Voir Dire on Elements: Physical Pain and Suffering, Mental Pain and Anguish
- Anticipating Defense Steps and Strategies During the Defense Voir Dire and Taking Steps to Preempt Defense Moves and Statements
- Striking Jurors – Challenges for Cause and Peremptory Challenges – Knowing What to Do, and When to Do It, and How to Do It, and Learning How to Avoid Blunders
Gaylord Palms Resort
6000 West Osceola Parkway
Kissimmee, FL 34746
FJA Group Rate: $149 standard room; daily resort fee $20
For reservations, please call Marriott reservations at 1-877-382-7299.
Self parking is available at a discounted rate of $10 daily. Valet is available at $27 daily.